"He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose" - Jim Elliot

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Moving ... I miss my friend



Well I am offically a Houstonian again. All my stuff has been moved from Dallas to Houston. All my stuff from my one bedroom apartment has been moved to my one tiny bedroom in Houston, cramped does not even begin to describe it.

Things are okay here in Houston, many of my friends from DCC have moved here ironically. And of course my family is great. I do however miss my friend. I realize that Andrea is not my only friend and that many of my other friends are here but it doesn't seem the same. It just hit me that I may not live in the same city as Andrea again for quite some time if at all. That sucks. It is like once again I am leaving my family behind. I hate that. I wish I could drag my family with me all over the world but for some reason they do not wish to come. Andrea really became family during my time in Dallas and it is hard to have to leave her behind (not that I can't talk to her whenever I want but talking is not the same as waiting for Paul to climb through the window at night or continually quoting Two Weeks Notice). I think that Chris would be angry with me if I tried to drag her across the globe (she would however be an excellent traveling compainon due to her extensive travel experience and many near death experiences). Thank you God for my friend.




2 comments:

Andrea said...

Aw! I love you! I just read this today. I'm a little behind. I found myself quoting Two Weeks Notice the other day and no one laughed or even got it. It sucked, and I wished you were there. So I just want you to know that "you're magnificent" and I miss you!

Andrea said...

p.s. i tried to call you yesterday, because i went to watch Chris play softball with Scott, Alan, and Justin Garison...Apparently Scott and Chris are going to start hanging out a lot more :)