"He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose" - Jim Elliot

Sunday, June 29, 2008

I'm le tired ...

So Jesus. He can be sneaky huh. I had this relaxing summer planned out at home. I was going to do a little bit of traveling but really just back and forth to Dallas.

Thus far I have been to Oregon, Dallas, Tanglewood, Houston, Dallas and back. This week I will be in Houston and next week I will be in Florida. Then I will be heading back to Dallas to go to Missouri for CIY with Cornerstone, the following week I will be coming back to Houston only to turn around and go to CIY in Carbondale, Ill with Northside. Then it will be August and I will be moving back to Dallas. This is insane. And way way more official ministry than I had planned on doing. But you know Jesus is sneaky like that :) Not that I am complaining I would much rather be used than just sitting here. It just blows my mind and further convinces me that when you allow the Holy Spirit to use you he just goes crazy and does so much more than you could ever plan or work up.

He has completely shaken up all my plans and rearranged them so that they work out to make more of Him and less of me (which I really appreciate because most of the time when left up to my own devices I make an ass out of my self and usually don't really do anything to help further the gospel.) So it works out. He has taught me so much and really stretched my faith. When I was in Tanglewood for 4th and 5th grade camp, 13 out of our 18 kids decided to give their lives and hearts to Jesus. I was blown away at the way the Spirit moved through them and the faith that they exhibited. By the end of the week the girls were calling me on my crap and reminding me with scripture why I didn't need to be doing whatever it was that I was doing. I am so pleased that the Lord of Hosts finds a way to use me and wants to use me as much as I will allow. If He can use me then surely He can use anyone.

No comments: